TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF CARRIAGE
Unless the context otherwise requires, in these Conditions of Carriage:
Airline Designator Code, means the two or three characters or letters whichidentify particular air carriers
Airlines PNG, APNG, CG, We, Us, Our, Ourselves, means Airlines of Papua New Guinea Limited
Authorised Agent, means a licensedpassenger sales agent who represents Airlines PNG in the sale of air passengertransportation on Airlines PNG services
Baggage, means your personal property accompanying you onyour flight and includes your checked baggage and cabin baggage
Baggage Allowance, means the amount of cabin baggage and checkedbaggage which is included in your fare for travel on APNG services
Baggage Check, means the part of the ticket issued by Airlines PNGor an Authorised Agent which is related to the carriage of your checked baggage
Baggage Identification Tag, means the numbered baggage tag issued to you thatcorresponds to the numbered tag attached to an item of checked baggage
Cabin Baggage, means any of your baggage accompanying you on theflight, other than checked baggage
Carrier, means an air carrier
Checked Baggage, means that part of your baggage which has beenlodged with Airlines PNG for carriage in the hold of the aircraft and for whicha baggage identification tag has been issued
Check-In Deadline, means the time specified by Airlines PNG by whichyou must have completed check-in formalities
Conditions of Carriage, means these Conditions of Carriage, the conditionsappearing on the electronic ticket receipt and the fare rules
Convention,means: The Convention for theUnification of Certain Rules Relating to International Carriage by Air, signedat Warsaw, 12 October 1929 (the Warsaw Convention), the Warsaw Convention as amendedat The Hague on 28 September 1955, the Warsaw Convention as amended at TheHague and by Additional Protocol No. 1, 2 or 4 of Montreal (1975), theGuadalajara Supplementary Convention (1961), or the Montreal Convention (1999)
Days, means calendar days
Domestic Travel, means travel wherethe departure point and the destination are both situated in the same countryand there is no stop outside that country
Electronic Ticket, means the electronicbooking record created by Airlines PNG or an Authorised Agent, which is held inthe Airlines PNG database
Flight Coupon, In the case of apaper ticket, refers to the part of the ticket that reads "good forcarriage", or, in the case of an electronic ticket, refers to the part ofthe electronic booking record held in the Airlines PNG database that indicatesthe places between which the passenger is entitled to be carried
International Carriage, meanscarriage in which the place of departure and the place of destination aresituated in different countries and includes any flights within those countrieswhen combined with international flights
Itinerary, Receipt and Tax Invoice, meansa document issued to passengers travelling on electronic tickets by AirlinesPNG or their Authorised Agents and which includes the passenger’s name, flightand payment information and notices
Passenger, you, yourself, meansany person with a Ticket who is carried or is to be carried on an aircraft,except members of the crew
Special Drawing Rights (or SDRs), meansthe official unit of exchange of the International Monetary Fund. 1 SDR is theequivalent of approximately AUD1.90, but this is subject to fluctuatingexchange rates.
Tariff, means any fare filefiled in the Airlines PNG reservations system, in airline global distribution systems,or with government authorities
Ticket, means the documentissued by Airlines PNG or an authorised agent entitled "Passenger Ticketand Baggage Check", or an electronic ticket as described above
Application of the Conditions of Travel
These Conditions of Carriage apply to:
· travelon Airlines PNG flights wholly within Papua New Guinea, and
· travelon Airlines PNG international flights,
Which are those flights where theAirline Designator Code "CG" is shown in the ticket and in any casewhere we have a legal liability to you in relation to your flight.
Gratuitous or Reduced Fare Carriage
These Conditions of Carriage also apply togratuitous and reduced fare carriage, unless you have been informed otherwisein writing by Airlines PNG
The carriage of a Passenger on any flight byAirlines PNG under the CG Airline Designator Code is, without exception,subject to:
· these Conditions of Carriage
· any applicable Tariffs filed by us with regulatorybodies
· the Convention, and/or Papua New Guinea laws, asapplicable, and any other applicable laws
· any specific directions given to a Passenger in writing, or orally by ourstaff
These Conditions of Carriage are applicable unless they are inconsistentwith any Tariffs or applicable laws which apply to your carriage with us, inwhich event the Tariffs or laws will apply.
If any of these Conditions of Carriage is invalid, illegal orunenforceable, it will be read down to the extent necessary to ensure that itis not invalid, illegal or unenforceable, but if that is not possible, it willbe severed from the Conditions of Carriage and the other conditions will remainvalid.
No Airlines PNG employee or other person is authorised to vary any ofthese Conditions of Carriage. However, this does not affect our right to waiveany fare rule or amount payable. A waiver on one occasion does not constitute awaiver on any other occasion.
If any of these Conditions of Carriage is inconsistent with any special procedureswe may have (e.g. for the carriage of unaccompanied minors, passengers withlimited mobility), these Conditions of Carriage will apply.
If carriage is performed by us under a charter agreement, theseConditions of Carriage apply unless you have been informed otherwise in writingby Airlines PNG
Other Forms of Transportation
If Airlines PNG makes arrangements for you with any third party toprovide any services, the terms and conditions of the third party serviceprovider will apply
CONDITIONS OF CARRIAGE
1. Travel Preparations
You are responsible for making all necessaryarrangements for your travel and ensuring that you comply with all laws,regulations and orders of the places you will travel to, such as:
· finding out from relevant consulates whether youneed a passport, visa or other travel document, health document or evidence ofonward travel
· obtaining those documents
· obtaining inoculations, and
· finding out about dangers to your health and safetyat your destination and any stopover
If we provide assistance for any of the above aspects of your travel,this does not release you from your responsibility in respect of these matters.
2. Conditions at Destination
You should enquire about any local issues and conditions at your destination(s)prior to commencing travel. We make no representations as to the safety,conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Travel advice canbe obtained from various sources, including local governments, local consularoffices and the website of theAustralian Department of ForeignAffairs and Trade.
3. Travel Insurance
Because travel involves many risks, and ourliability to you is limited, it is recommended that you purchase travelinsurance, which can cover things like:
· lost tickets
· changes in travel plans and travel cancellation
· medical and hospital expenses
· repatriation costs for you and your travelcompanions
· personal injury and death
· delayed, damaged or lost Baggage and other items
Although you have made a reservation with Airlines PNG and hold a Ticketfor an Airlines PNG flight (i.e. a flight with a CG Airline Designator Code),you may at times travel on another carrier's aircraft.
a) We may refuse to carry you if we, actingreasonably, are not completely satisfied that it is safe for you to fly. Beforeyou make a reservation you should tell us if you suffer from any illness,disease or other condition which may make it unsafe for you or other Passengersif you fly.
· (b) Deep vein thrombosis (DVT): Some studies haveconcluded that prolonged immobility may be a risk factor in the formation ofclots in the legs, DVT. If you feel you may be at risk from DVT or other healthproblems, we recommend you consult with your doctor before travel.
Pregnancy: If you are pregnant and:
· you have a normal pregnancy and your travel includesInternational Carriage, all of your travel must be completed by the end of the36th week of your pregnancy. There must be 28 Days between the date travel iscompleted and the date on which you are due to give birth. You must also carrya letter from a registered/licensed medical practitioner stating that yourpregnancy is progressing normally, and specifying the date on which you expectto give birth
· you have a normal pregnancy and your travel isDomestic Carriage (wholly within Papua New Guinea), no medical clearance isrequired
· you have a complicated pregnancy, medical clearanceis required for both Domestic Carriage and International Carriage
· you have an uncomplicated multiple pregnancy,medical clearance is not required for International Carriage provided travel iscompleted by the end of the 32nd week of pregnancy. There must be 56 Daysbetween the date of travel is completed and the date on which you are due togive birth. You must carry a letter from a registered/licensed medicalpractitioner stating that your pregnancy is progressing normally, andspecifying the date on which you expect to give birth
· you have an uncomplicated multiple pregnancy andyour travel is Domestic Carriage (wholly within Papua New Guinea), medicalclearance is not required provided travel is completed by the end of the 36thweek of pregnancy. There must be 28 Days between the date travel is completedand the date on which you are due to give birth. You must carry a letter from aregistered/licensed medical practitioner stating that your pregnancy isprogressing normally and specifying the date on which you expect to give birth
We do not represent that travel is safe for you at any particular pointduring your pregnancy. You must seek advice from your own medical practitioner.The periods referred to are only our minimum requirements.
6. Personal Information
We collect personal information about you (includinghealth information where necessary) to provide products and services to you,process your travel arrangements, conduct marketing activities and marketresearch, and for immigration and customs control, security, administrative andlegal purposes. If the information is not provided by you, we may not be ableto provide the service requested.
For these purposes, you authorise us to retain your personal informationand to disclose your personal information to our related companies, otherCarriers, travel service providers, organisations which provide services to us,such as collecting commissions (for more details see our Privacy Statement on www.apng.com), your employer if you are travelling on a Ticketprovided through your employer's corporate travel agreement with us, credit andother payment card companies, various law enforcement agencies and governmentsaround the world for security, customs, emergency and immigration purposes. Youmay be required by government regulations or laws to provide specific personaldata or information to us, including information to enable us to notify familymembers in the event of an emergency.
You can gain access to the information we hold about you and ask forcorrection of your personal information by contacting Airlines PNG CustomerCare in writing at PO Box 170, Boroko NCD 111, Papua New Guinea.
A reservation for a flight is made when recorded as accepted andconfirmed by Airlines PNG or an Authorised Agent
8. TicketingTime Limit
After a reservation is made, the ticket must be paid for before thespecified ticketing time limit advised by Airlines PNG or an Authorised Agent.If payment is not received on or before the specified ticketing time limit, thereservation may be cancelled
Reconfirmation is not required for our flights. However, you may need toreconfirm your reservation on any other Carriers involved in your journey. Youshould check the reconfirmation requirements with those other Carriers. If youfail to reconfirm when reconfirmation is required, the Carrier may decide tocancel your reservation.
10. Changes to Reservations
· Changes to reservations may be made by contactingAirlines PNG offices. Contact information for Airlines PNG appears on thee-ticket receipt and online at www.apng.com
Some fare types may be restricted so that you:
· cannot change or cancel any reservation, or
· may request to change any reservation only to alimited extent, or
· may request to change any reservation only by payingthe applicable additional service fee or change fee (note: Airlines PNG mayincrease fees from time to time, by updating the applicable fare rule on www.apng.com
Fare types with restrictions on changing orcancelling reservations will ordinarily have restrictions on the availabilityof a refund (taking into account our reasonably incurred administration andprocessing costs)
11. If You Are Late or Do Not Show Up for YourFlight
If you are late, do not show up for your flight, or fail to board theaircraft after checking in for the flight, this will result in loss of the farewith all fare types except Premium Economy (E class) and Corporate Advantage (Qclass).
12. Seating Selection and Allocation
Passengers will be allocated a seat for all AirlinesPNG flights. Seat requests may be made at the time you make your booking, or atany time after that, prior to the flight departure, by contacting Airlines PNG.Although we will try to accommodate your seating need or choice, we do notguarantee you any particular seat. We can change your seat at any time, evenafter you have boarded the aircraft, as we may need to do this for operational,safety or security reasons.
If we need to ask you to downgrade for any reason,we will:
· provide you with an appropriate refund of thedifference in fares, or
· provide you with any reasonable alternative flight on our services
13. Limited Special Assistance
Youwarrant that you can travel independently, or if you cannot, that you aretravelling with an accompanying passenger who is responsible to ensure that youcan travel safely and provide all assistance and supervision you require. Anaccompanying passenger must, for the purposes of these Conditions, be 15 yearsof age or over and capable of providing all the assistance and supervision yourequire to safely complete your journey. If you need to use special servicessuch as wheelchair access, or are travelling with a guide dog, you must informAirlines PNG reservations of your needs at the time you make your booking.
14. Infants and Children
Aninfant (under 2 years) must travel with a passenger 15 years of age or over,who is an immediate family member or authorised guardian and only one infantper passenger is permitted. Children under 6 years of age must be accompaniedby a person 15 years or over who is an immediate family member or authorisedguardian. Children from 6 to 11 years of age must travel with a parent orguardian who is 15 years of age or over unless they have been accepted forcarriage as an unaccompanied minor. Children from 12 to 15 years of age will beconsidered able to travel independently unless carriage as an unaccompaniedminor has been requested. The age of an infant or child will be considered asthe age at the date of commencement of travel.
15. Unaccompanied Minors
If a child from 6 to 11 years of age istravelling without the supervision of a parent or guardian who is 15 years orolder, they are classified as an unaccompanied minor.
A child 12 to 15 years of age may travel as an unaccompanied minor only at therequest of the parent or guardian.
Children under 6 years of age must be accompanied by a person 15 years or overwho is an immediate family member or authorised guardian.
To make a booking for an unaccompanied minor, please contact an Airlines PNGoffice. Bookings cannot be made online. An "Unaccompanied Minor"form, which must be completed in triplicate, may be downloaded here or obtained fromAirlines PNG offices or at the airport and must be completed prior to check-infor the flight. Parents/Guardians at both the departure and arrival airportsmust have identification and this identification must match the name on the"Unaccompanied Minor" form.
A non refundable unaccompanied minor handling fee of AUD40.00 or PGK100.00 persector per child will apply.
PLEASE NOTE: Unaccompanied minors will not beaccepted for carriage on the routes Port Moresby-Cairns and Cairns-PortMoresby.
16. What your fare covers
Your fare covers the flight(s) for you and yourBaggage Allowance:
· from the airport at the place of departure specifiedon your ticket
· to the airport at the place of destination specifiedon your ticket
We will work out the fare which applies under our tariff in effect on thedate of payment for your ticket for your itinerary and dates of travel
17. What Your Fare Does Not Cover
Your fare does not include ground transport between one airport andanother or between the airport and any other place.
18. Guide dogs
If you are sight or hearing impaired, your fare alsocovers carriage of your registered guide dog. However, you must notify us ofthe requirement for your guide dog to travel when you make your reservation.
When you check-in, you must bring with you yourdog's certificate of registration as a guide dog, suitable dog food and all ofthe dog's valid health and vaccination certificates, entry permits, and allother documents required by any applicable law, regulation or order of theplaces to which you are travelling.
Guide dog carriage shall be subject to such other requirements as we may,acting reasonably, implement from time to time in relation to the carriage ofguide dogs.
Your fare also covers carriage of your wheelchair,if you require one to travel. Manually propelled wheelchairs are available foruse within the airport. You must notify us of these requirements when you makeyour reservation.
You can either check in your manually propelledwheelchair and we will provide you with an airport manually propelledwheelchair for use within the airport or, where possible, you can choose to useyour own manually propelled wheelchair to get to the aircraft. Your wheelchairwill then be stowed in the aircraft hold. Upon arrival at your destination, youmay choose to have your wheelchair returned to you at the aircraft, or you mayuse an airport wheelchair and collect your wheelchair from the baggagecollection area. Note: Onlywheelchairs that were taken through security screening on departure can bereturned to you at the aircraft at your destination.
All manually propelled wheelchairs must fit within the size restrictionsshown in the table below in the unfolded, folded or upright position. If thewheelchair fits within the size restrictions but not in the upright position,the wheelchair can only be carried if it weighs less than 32kgs and themanufacturer has confirmed that the wheelchair can be stored and transported onits side. Otherwise, the wheelchair must fit within the size restrictions inthe upright position to be carried. Note: Whilst allreasonable care will be taken, you remain responsible for obtaining insurancein relation to the carriage of your wheelchair.
Motorisedwheelchairs with non-spillable batteries and gel-type batteries must be checked in as baggage in accordance withdangerous goods regulations:
· The battery must bedisconnected
· The battery connectionstaped down so they cannot connect together during flight
· The battery terminalsprotected from short circuits by covering the terminals and the batterysecurely attached to the wheelchair
Wheelchairs with spillable batteries will not be accepted forcarriage.
You or your carer is responsible for:
· Complying with therequirements for the handling of motorised wheelchairs prior to checking it in.
· Disassembling theequipment at check-in
· Reassembling theequipment at arrival
In accordance with manufacturer recommendations andto reduce any risk of damage to the wheelchair, all electric wheelchairs,including power assist wheelchairs, must travel in the upright position (foldedor unfolded) in the free wheel mode.To facilitate this requirement, thesize restrictions set out in the table below apply.
At check in, you will be provided with an airport manually propelledwheelchair for use within the airport and to get you to the aircraft. Uponarrival at your destination, you will be provided with a manually propelledwheelchair to get you from the aircraft to the baggage collection area, whereyou can collect your motorised wheelchair.
20. Travel Insurance
Travel insurance is recommended to cover situationssuch as, for example, expenses incurred due to cancelled flights, or missedflight connections as a result of delayed flights. Some heavily discountedfares may be partly or completely non-refundable, so you should choose the farewhich best suits your needs and consider taking out travel insurance whichcovers you in case you need to cancel your reservation. Travel insurance is notprovided by Airlines PNG. Passengers are advised to make their own arrangementsin regard to insurance.
21. Charges and Taxes
When you buy your ticket, we will tell you about(and you must pay) any charges and taxes not included in the fare and thesewill normally be shown separately on your ticket.
Charges and taxes change constantly and can be imposed or altered afterthe date that we have issued your ticket. If any charges or taxes imposed bythird parties change after we have issued your ticket, you will have to pay usany increase. Similarly, if any charges or taxes you pay to us when we issuethe ticket are abolished or reduced prior to your flight, you will be entitledto claim a refund from us.
22. Goods and Services Tax (GST) – Papua New Guinea
Domestic fares purchased for travel within Papua New Guinea that are notpart of International Carriage may be subject to Papua New Guinea GST. If GSTis applicable, it will be included in the price of your fare, although it maybe shown separately on your ticket.
Your ticket is the main evidence of our contractwith you, so even though you have a reservation for a flight, you may not boardthat flight without first obtaining a boarding pass by either:
· presenting at check-in a valid and intact ticketissued in your name and containing the flight coupon for that flight, all otherunused flight coupons (including the Passenger Coupon) in that ticket and anyphoto or other identification requested, or
· where a valid international electronic ticket hasbeen issued in your name, checking-in and presenting a valid passport asidentification.
· where a valid domestic Papua New Guinea electronicticket has been issued in your name, checking-in and presenting a copy of theelectronic ticket.
A valid ticket/electronic ticket is one issued by us or an AuthorisedAgent and in respect of which the appropriate fare has been paid.
24. Ticket is a Valuable Document
You should treat your ticket as a valuable document and take allnecessary precautions to prevent it being damaged, lost or stolen. If yourticket is lost or stolen, you should notify us and, if away from home, thepolice as soon as possible.
25. Damaged, Lost or Stolen Tickets
If you ask us, we will replace your paper ticketwith a new ticket if:
· you have lost your paper ticket or part of it, oryour paper ticket has been stolen
· your paper ticket is spoiled, torn, damaged or hasbeen altered or tampered with, or
· you do not have your paper ticket with you and socannot present it to us
· we or an Authorised Agent issued the original ticket
· you prove you had a valid ticket, and
· you sign an agreement to repay us any reasonablyincurred costs and losses, up to the value of the original ticket, which we oranother Carrier suffer as a result of the ticket being misused
We will not claim from you any losses which resultfrom our own negligence. We may charge a reasonable administration fee forissuing a new ticket unless the loss or damage was caused by us or ourAuthorised Agents. If,
· you cannot prove that you had a valid ticket, or
· you do not sign such an agreement to repay us anyreasonably incurred costs and losses as provided above
Then, we may ask you to pay up to the full ticket price for a replacementticket. We will give you a refund if and when we, acting reasonably, aresatisfied that the original ticket (issued by us or an Authorised Agent) hasnot been used before its validity period expired. If you find the originalticket before its validity period expires and give it to us, then we will giveyou a refund at that time.
26. Ticket Not Transferable
You must not give or sell your ticket to anyone elseto use. A ticket is not transferable to another person. If someone elsepresents your ticket for travel and we discover that that person is not you, wewill refuse to carry that person. However, if we, acting reasonably, do notdiscover that the ticket has been transferred and as a result either carry theticket holder or give them a refund, we:
· are not obliged to replace your ticket or give you arefund, and
· are discharged from all and any liability to provide you a refund
27. Ticket Validity
Unless the ticket, theseConditions of Carriage or any tariffs which apply state otherwise, a ticket isvalid for one year from the date of issue. Where a booking has been changed anda new ticket issued, validity is one year from the date of issue of theoriginal ticket. No credit will remain after the ticket validity has expired.
28. Extended Validity Period: Due to Us
If you are prevented from travelling within thevalidity period because we:
· cancel your flight
· omit a scheduled stop, being your place ofdeparture, place of destination or stopover
· cause you to miss a connection on another AirlinesPNG flight, or
· are unable to supply you with a confirmed seat
We will extend the validity period. Alternatively, you may be entitled toa refund.
29. Extended Validity Period: Due to You
a) If youbecome ill
If after having started your journey:
· you become ill and your illness prevents you fromtravelling on your next ticketed flight within the Validity Period, and
· you want us to extend the validity period so thatyou can continue your journey
You must give us a medical certificate. Thecertificate must state the nature of your illness and confirm the date on whichyou will be fit to travel again. We will then book you on our first flight onor after such date:
· from the point where your journey is resumed
· on which space is available
· in the class of service for which the fare has beenpaid
If the flight coupons left on your ticket involve one or more stopovers,we may extend the validity period up to a maximum of 3 months. If other membersof your immediate family were travelling with you when you fell ill, we willextend the validity period of their tickets for a similar period.
(b) If yourtravel companion dies
If a passenger dies during their journey and you aretravelling in the same party as the deceased, we may decide to do either orboth of the following:
· we will not enforce any minimum stay conditionswhich apply to the tickets
· we will extend the validity period of the tickets for not more than 45days after the date of death.
(c) If yourimmediate family member dies
If you have started your ticketed journey and amember of your immediate family dies and you have provided us with a validdeath certificate, we may change your tickets and those of any other members ofyour immediate family travelling with you by doing either or both of thefollowing:
· we will not enforce any minimum stay conditionswhich apply to the tickets
· we will extend the Validity Period of the tickets for not more than 45Days after the date of death
30. Events Beyond Your Control
· you are travelling on private travel and not onbusiness
· you have been prevented from travelling by EventsBeyond your Control, and
· all or part of the fare for your ticket isnon-refundable
We will give you a credit for the non-refundablepart of the fare for future travel on us provided that you:
· have a completely unused ticket
· have told us promptly about the events beyond yourcontrol, and
· have given us satisfactory evidence of these eventsbeyond your control
The credit can be used for future travel on Airlines PNG flights (i.e. aflight with a CG Airline designator code if you were originally travelling on aCG flight). We may deduct a reasonable service fee from the credit to cover ouradministration costs.
31. Change to Travel Plans
If you have a partly used ticket and you need to change your travel plansbecause of events beyond your control, you must contact us as soon as possible.We will use reasonable efforts to transport you to your next stopover or finaldestination without recalculating the fare.
32. Ticket Issued for Carriage on Another Carrier
If we issue a ticket for you to be carried on another carrier's flight,or check in baggage for carriage on another carrier, we do so only as agent forthat carrier. The conditions of carriage of the other carrier providing thoseservices will apply.
33. Our Name and Address
Our name, Airlines of Papua New Guinea Limited may be abbreviated toAirlines PNG, APNG or CG. Our business address is Jacksons International Airport,Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea.
34. Baggage Allowance
You may carry some baggage free of charge provided you comply with ourbaggage requirements which are set out below.
We set maximum dimensions and weights for cabinbaggage which must also:
· fit under the seat in front of you; or
· fit in an enclosed storage compartment in the cabinof the aircraft.
You must check it in as checked baggage if:
· your cabin baggage is larger than the maximumdimensions or weights (see table below)
· does not fit under the seat in front of you or in anenclosed storage compartment, or
acting reasonably, we decide that it is not safe tobe carried as cabin baggage but it would be acceptable as checked baggage
Cabin Baggage Allowances
Passengers (except infants^) are allowed the following cabin baggage.
Piece Allowance & Dimensions
1 x 105cm bag
4kg (9lbs) total
48cm (19in) +
34cm (13in) +
23cm (9in) =
56cm (22in) +
36cm (14in) +
23cm (9in) =
60cm (24in) +
114cm (45in) +
11cm (4in) =
^ Infants -under 2 years of age.
Oversize or Overweight CabinBaggage
If you try to bring any such item on board andAirlines PNG discovers it, Airlines PNG may do whatever it considersappropriate in the circumstances, including disposing of the item withoutnotifying you, unless
· you told us before you checked in that you wanted to take it into theaircraft cabin, and
· we agreed with you before you checked in to carry it in the aircraftcabin
You may be required to pay a separate charge for this service.
(b) Checked Baggage
No single item may exceed 32kg in weight when you check-in. (However, please note that if the weight limit for your checked baggageallowance indicated in the table below is below 32kg and your bag weighs up to32kg, then excess baggage charges will be payable). Any item of baggageexceeding the size or weight limit will not be accepted at passenger check-inand must be consigned as cargo through a cargo office.
· You must ensure you have put your name, address and flight details oneach item of checked baggage.
· We will give you a baggage identification tag for each piece ifrequested.
We will carry your checked baggage, whenever possible, on the sameaircraft as you are travelling on unless we decide for safety, security oroperational reasons to carry it on another flight. If we carry your checkedbaggage on another flight we will deliver it to you, unless an applicable lawsays you must be present for customs clearance.
Checked Baggage Allowances(International)
Passengers(except infants^)are allowed the following checked baggage
All fare classes between Port Moresby and Cairns
Total dimensions*of each piece must not exceed 158cm (62in)
23kg (50lb) total
* Total dimensions are measured by addingtogether the height, width and depth of the bag.
^ Infants - under 2 years of age.
Checked Baggage Allowances (Domestic Papua NewGuinea)
Passengers(except infants^) are allowed the following checked baggage.
All fare classes
Total dimensions* of each piece must not exceed 158cm (62in)
16kg (35lb) total
All fare classes connecting to and from the international services of any other carrier
Total dimensions* of each piece must not exceed 158cm (62in)
23kg (50lb) total
*Total dimensions are measured by addingtogetherthe height, width and depth of the bag.
^ Infants - under 2 years of age.
1. Please be aware that stowage limitations apply on some Airlines PNGoperated services and baggage may at times need to be transported on adifferent flight.
2. If you are using Airlines PNG domestic services connecting to aninternational flight operated by any other carriers you are entitled to theapplicable International free baggage allowance on the domestic flight.Additional baggage may be carried at a per kilo rate. The rates of charge areavailable from us on request.
We may refuse to carry checked baggage if we reasonably believe that itis not properly and securely packed in suitable containers.
On departure,an infant may be taken as far as the aircraft boarding area in a carry basketor collapsible stroller/pram which will then be stowed in the aircraft hold.Upon arrival at your destination, the carry basket or collapsible stroller/pramwill be returned to you at the aircraft. Please note that no bassinets areavailable on Airlines PNG aircraft.
We will not carry, and you must not include in yourbaggage or otherwise try to bring on board the following prohibited items:
· items which are prohibited by any applicablenational or international law, regulation or order from being carried on anyaircraft
· firearms (except see 36) and weapons of any type, including but not limitedto knives, blades, or sharp items of any kind
· Dangerous goods such as: compressed gases(flammable, non-flammable or poisonous, such as refrigerants, butane, oxygen,propane and aqualung cylinders), corrosives (acids, alkalis, mercury, wet cellbatteries), explosives (munitions, fireworks, flares), flammable liquids andsolids (lighter or heating fuel, matches, paints and articles easily ignited),infectious substances (live virus substances or bacteria), radioactivematerials, poisons (insecticides and weedkillers), oxidising materials(bleach).
· items which are likely to endanger the aircraft orpersons or property on board the aircraft, or items that may become or aredangerous, such as those items specified in the International Civil AviationOrganisation (ICAO) Technical Instructions for the Safe Transport of DangerousGoods by Air, or the International Air Transport Association (IATA) DangerousGoods Regulations. Further information is available from us on request
· itemswe reasonably determine are unsuitable for carriage because they are dangerous,unsafe or because of their weight, size, shape or character, or which arefragile or perishable
· animals(except if 40. applies)
If we discover that you are carrying prohibiteditems, we may do whatever we consider appropriate and what is reasonable in thecircumstances, including disposing of the item without notifying you
We will not be responsible for any loss or damage caused to any prohibiteditems if they are brought on board despite being prohibited items.
We may agree to carry firearms and ammunition for hunting or sportingpurposes as Checked Baggage. If we do, these must be packed in accordance withall applicable national and international laws and regulations. Our approvalmay be withheld at our sole discretion. Applications for the carriage offirearms and ammunition for hunting or sporting purposes must be submitted atleast 2 working days prior to your anticipated departure date.
37. Restrictions on Checked Baggage
You must not include in your checked baggage:
· fragile, delicate or perishable items
· items with a special value, such as money,jewellery, precious metals, silverware
· negotiable papers, share certificates, securities orother valuable documents
· personal electronic equipment including compactdiscs
· commercial goods or business documents, or
passports and other travel documents
As our liability is limited, we will not be liable for any inconvenience,costs, expenses, loss or damage you suffer as a consequence of the item beingdamaged, delayed or lost if you have ignored our requirements and included theitem/s as checked baggage, with or without our knowledge. Such items should becarried as cabin baggage, but you must still comply with all relevant weightand size limitations.
38. Restrictions on Cabin Baggage
All cabin baggage must comply with all applicablesize and weight restrictions. You must not include in cabin baggage:
· knives, sharp objects or cutting implements of anykind and any length, whether of metal or other material, knitting needles andsporting goods. These must be packed in your checked baggage. They cannot becarried in your cabin baggage or on your person. Passengers carrying needleswill need to declare them at airport screening points. Medication should have aprofessionally printed label identifying the medication or manufacturer's nameor pharmaceutical label affixed
· anything else that may be identified on your ticketas prohibited cabin baggage, or
· anything in excess of what is allowed in the classof service paid for
If you try to include any such item in your cabinbaggage, we may take it from you and either refuse to carry it, or ask you toput it in the hold as checked baggage.
We do not accept any responsibility for items whichwe refuse to carry as cabin baggage and which are not carried as checkedbaggage.
To increase your safety,there are rules for taking liquids, aerosols and gels on flights into and out ofAustralia. These rules also apply when transiting on international flightswithin Australia. These new rules are needed to protect you from the threat ofliquid explosives. Each container of liquids, aerosols or gels in your carry-onbaggage must be 100 millilitres/grams or less. All the containers must besealed in a transparent, one-litre plastic bag. You are only allowed oneplastic bag. Any transparent resealable bag of one litre capacity or less isallowed. Please note, these bags must be independently resealable. Bags sealedwith items such as sticky tape, rubber bands or ribbons will not be accepted.
You may still carry onboard prescription medicines. Baby products and non-prescription medicines thatyou need for the flight are also allowed. Proof of need may be required.
When you get to the screening point, you will have to surrender anyliquids, aerosols or gels greater than 100ml/g that you still have with you,including duty free. The new rules also introduce random frisk searches as partof the screening process.
39. Excess Baggage
You may not take on board more cabin baggage thanthe class of service paid for allows. If you check in with more checked baggagethan the class of service paid for allows, we may:
· refuse that excess baggage, or
· accept that excess baggage for carriage (although weare not obliged to do so), and require you to pay a fee before boarding, or
· carry that excess baggage on a later flight, andrequire you to pay a fee. In this case, the excess baggage is carried only tothe airport specified on the Airlines PNG baggage tag and the passenger isresponsible for collection of excess baggage and/or any other related deliveryexpenses.
If we decide to carry the excess baggage but decide not to charge you forsome or all of your excess baggage, this does not mean that you will not becharged when you check in for any further flights with us on your itinerary.Other airlines may also charge for excess baggage.
40. Pet animals
For guide dogs see 18. Other thanpet dogs, cats or birds (which, except as provided below, may be carried aschecked baggage), all other animals must be carried as freight. Pets may not becarried on APNG international flights.
If you are travelling domestically orinternationally:
· you must notify us when you make your reservationthat you wish to travel with your pet animal. Some airports will require thatyour pet travels as freight and some will allow carriage in the hold as checkedbaggage
· provided there are no safety or other reasons whichwould prevent us from carrying your pet animal, we will carry your pet in theaircraft hold as excess checked baggage, however, you must supply propercrating and food for your pet. If you fail to do this, we may decide not tocarry your pet
· you may be required to pay an excess baggage fee,and you must have with you valid health and vaccination certificates; entry,transit and exit permits; and all other documents required by any applicablelaw, regulation or order
· unless carrying the animal is covered by theliability rules of the applicable Australian or New Zealand legislation or theConvention, we shall not be responsible for injury to or loss, sickness ordeath of an animal unless we have been negligent
· we are not liable to you for any loss you sufferbecause you do not have the health and vaccination certificates, entry permits,transit permits, exit permits and other documents needed for your animal. Youmust repay to us any fines, costs, charges, losses or liabilities we, actingreasonably, have paid or suffered because you did not have these documents.
Carriage of your pet may be subject to additionalconditions specified by us.
Airlines PNG, government or airport officers may:
· require you to submit to clothing and body searches
· require you to submit your baggage to searches orinspections, and
· search or inspect your baggage with or without you
As a result of a search, or if you refuse to submityourself or your baggage to a search, we may refuse to carry you and yourbaggage, and may deliver your baggage to government or airport officers.
Except as otherwise provided by the convention or other applicable laws,if a search or screen causes damage to you, or a search, screening or x-raycauses damage to your baggage, we will not be liable for the damage unless itwas caused by our negligence or fault.
42. Check in
You mustensure you have your ticket (or a booking reference for an electronic ticket),a passport valid for at least 6 months, baggage, all necessary travel documentsand anything else you need to travel, and present them to us at our request.
DomesticPapua New Guinea flights
You mustensure you have your ticket, or where an electronic ticket has been issued, acopy of the electronic ticket, baggage and anything else you need to travel,and present them to us at our request.
43. Check-In Deadline
Check-in will open 2 hours prior to the scheduleddeparture time. You must check in NO LATER THAN 60 minutes prior to thescheduled departure time. You will not be able to check in after this time.Arrival after this time, or not showing up for the flight (no show), willresult in either penalty charges or loss of the fare. You should ensure thatyou:
· have checked in by the check-in deadline in order tocomplete all departure formalities, and
· are at the boarding gate by no later than the time specified to you atcheck-in
44. At Check-In
At check-in we will issue your boarding pass and baggage check and/orbaggage identification tag for any checked baggage. Keep these with you untilyou complete your travel.
45. If You Are Late
If you arrive:
· late at check-in or the boarding gate, or
· without your ticket and all necessary traveldocuments
· cancel your reservation
· refuse to carry you
Except as otherwise provided in the Convention or any applicable laws, weare not liable to you for any loss or damage you may suffer as a result of yourlate arrival.
(a) The flight time shown on your ticket may changebetween the date of issue and your date of travel. We do not guarantee theflight times and they do not form part of your contract of carriage with us.
(b) Before we accept your booking, we or ourAuthorised Agent will tell you the scheduled departure time of your flight andit will be shown on your ticket or itinerary and receipt. We may need to changethe scheduled departure time of your flight after your ticket has beenreceived. If you give us or our Authorised Agent contact information, we orthey will try to let you know about any changes. In any event, prior to yourflight you should check to ensure your flight times have not changed. Youshould check the flight departure and arrival information posted at theairport. Except as otherwise provided in the convention or any applicable laws,we shall not be liable to you for any losses that you may incur if you fail todo so.
(c) If, after you buy your ticket, we make asignificant change to the scheduled departure time of your flight:
· and you find this change unacceptable; and
· we or our Authorised Agents cannot book you onanother flight which you are prepared to accept
Then, we will give you a fare refund (to the extent that the purchaseprice paid for the fare exceeds our reasonably incurred administration costs)or a credit for the non-refundable part of the fare for future travel with us.
47. Late or Cancelled Flights (Except inCircumstances Beyond Our Control)
We will take all reasonable measures necessary tocarry you and your baggage and to avoid delay in doing so. In doing so and inorder to prevent a flight cancellation, in exceptional circumstances we mayarrange for a flight to be operated on our behalf by an alternative carrierand/or aircraft.
· as otherwise provided by the convention or otherapplicable laws, or
· in circumstances where the delay or cancellation isbeyond our control (e.g. bad weather, runway closure, air traffic controlissues)
· cancel a flight
· fail to stop at your destination or stopoverdestination
you can choose one of the following options:
Option 1 - we will carry you at the earliest opportunity onanother of our scheduled services on which space is available withoutadditional charge and, where necessary, extend the validity period of yourticket.
Option 2 - we will make a refund in accordance with ourprovisions
These shall be the only remedies available to you and we shall have nofurther liability to you unless otherwise specified by the convention or anyapplicable laws.
48. Late or Cancelled Flights Due to CircumstancesBeyond Our Control
Where the delayed or cancelled flight is as a result of circumstancesbeyond our control, whether you have checked in or not, we will try to assistyou to get to your destination or next stopover, but will not otherwise beresponsible for refunding a non-refundable airfare, or paying any costs orexpenses you may incur as a result of the delay except as otherwise provided inthe convention or any applicable laws.
49. Refusal of Carriage
Even if you have a ticket and a confirmedreservation, we may refuse to carry you and your baggage if any of thefollowing circumstances have occurred or we reasonably believe will occur:
· if carrying you or your baggage may put the safetyof the aircraft or the safety or health or any person in the aircraft in dangeror at risk
· if carrying you or your baggage may materiallyaffect the comfort of any person in the aircraft
· if carrying you will break government laws,regulations, orders or an immigration direction from a country to which you aretravelling or are to depart from
· because you have refused to allow a security checkto be carried out on you or your baggage
· because you do not appear to have all necessarydocuments
· if you fail to comply with any applicable law, rule,regulation or order or these Conditions of Carriage
· if you fail to complete the check-in process by thecheck-in deadline or fail to arrive at the boarding gate on time
· because you have not obeyed the instructions of ourground staff or a member of the crew of the aircraft relating to safety orsecurity
· because you have notcomplied with our medical requirements
· because you requirespecial assistance and you have not made prior arrangements with us for this
· if you are drunk or underthe influence of alcohol or drugs
· if you are, or wereasonably believe you are, in unlawful possession of drugs
· if your mental orphysical state is a danger or risk to you, the aircraft or any person in it
· if you have usedthreatening, abusive or insulting words towards our ground staff or a member ofthe crew of the aircraft or otherwise behaved in a threatening manner
· if you have committed acriminal offence during the check-in or boarding processes or on board theaircraft
· if you have deliberatelyinterfered with a member of our ground staff or the crew of the aircraftcarrying out their duties
· if you have put thesafety of either the aircraft or any person in it in danger
· if you have made a threat
· because you havecommitted misconduct on a previous flight and we have reason to believe thatsuch conduct may be repeated
· because you cannot proveyou are the person specified on the ticket on which you wish to travel
· because you are trying touse a flight coupon out of sequence without our agreement
· if you destroy yourtravel documents during the flight
· if you have refused toallow us to photocopy your travel documents
· if you have refused to give your travel documents toa member of our ground staff or the crew of the aircraft when we have asked youto do so
· if you ask the relevant government authorities forpermission to enter a country in which you have landed as a transit passenger
· because your ticket:
- is not paid for
- has been reported lost or stolen
- has been transferred
- has been acquired unlawfully
- has been acquired from someone other than us or an Authorised Agent
- contains an alteration which has not been made by us or an Authorised Agent
- is spoiled, torn or damaged or has otherwise been tampered with, or
- is counterfeit or otherwise invalid
In any of the situations in this 49, we may remove you from a flight, even after youhave boarded, without any liability on our part, and cancel any subsequentflights on the ticket.
50. Notice of Refusal to Carry You
We will be entitled to refuse to carry you and your Baggage if we havenotified you in writing that we will not carry you on our services. The noticewill give details of the period for which it will apply and will ask you not tobuy a ticket or ask or allow anyone to do so for you. If you try to travelwhile the notice is in force, we will refuse to carry you and you will beentitled to a fare refund minus our reasonably incurred administration fees.
51. Overbooked Flights - Denied BoardingCompensation
If you are denied boarding on an overbookedscheduled international flight for which you have both a valid ticket and aconfirmed reservation, and you have presented at check-in by the check-indeadline, then depending on the difference between your original scheduledarrival time and your actual arrival time, you may be eligible for compensation.
· in accordance with any law which may apply,
· or if there is no applicable law:
as set out in our denied boarding compensation policy which is availableon our website here
52. Obey Directions
To maximise passenger comfort, safety and security,you must comply with the following requirements, and all other reasonabledirections of any crew member on your flight with us, when on board:
· stow cabin baggage under the seat in front of you or in the overheadlockers
· take care when you open overhead lockers, since cabin baggage may moveduring flight
· keep your seatbelt fastened when seated
· remain seated with your seatbelt securely fastened during turbulence
· stay seated as directed, in particular while the aircraft is moving onthe tarmac
· do not smoke
· if you drink alcohol, drink only in moderation and only alcohol served onyour flight with us as part of our in-flight bar service
· use infant and child restraints as directed
· do not behave in a manner to which other passengers may reasonablyobject, and
if asked by a member of the crew acting reasonably, you must give your passportor other travel document to them for safe custody until the end of the flight
We may also ask you not to operate any electronic devices includingcellular telephones, laptop computers, recorders, radios, CD players,electronic games, laser products or transmitting devices, walkie-talkies,remote or radio controlled toys that could interfere with the flight. If youfail to comply with our requests, we may retain the device until the end of theflight. Hearing aids and heart pacemakers are permitted.
53. Control of Passengers
We will take all reasonable steps to maintain thecomfort, safety and security of all passengers. If we reasonably consider itnecessary, we may restrain you or remove you from any flight anywhere, forexample if you:
· conduct yourself so as to endanger the safety of the aircraft or anyperson or property on board
· obstruct, or fail to comply with any direction of, any crew member
· behave in a manner to which other passengers may reasonably object
· interfere with a crew member who is performing his or her duties aboardan aircraft
· tamper or interfere with the aircraft or its equipment
In addition, you may be refused further carriage with us. You may also beprosecuted for offences committed on board the aircraft.
54. Diversion Costs Caused by Unacceptable Behaviour
If as a result of your behaviour we divert the aircraft to an unscheduleddestination and make you leave the aircraft, you must pay us the reasonable andproper costs of the diversion.
55. Smoking prohibited
Smoking is not permitted on any of our aircraft.
56. Collect Your Checked Baggage
You must collect your checked baggage as soon as it is available forcollection.
57. If You Cannot Find Your Checked Baggage
If you cannot find your checked baggage, you should produce your ticketand baggage identification tag to us. Only the person to whom the baggageidentification tag was issued is entitled to collect that baggage.
58. Release of Checked Baggage by Airlines PNG
If we have baggage you claim is yours but you do nothave the baggage identification tag, we will release it to you only if you:
· produce adequate proof of entitlement to it
· undertake in writing to us that you will reimburse us for any loss,damage or expense incurred as a result of that release, and
· comply with any other applicable directions given to you by us
59. Disposal of Baggage by Airlines PNG
If you do not collect your checked baggage within 28days of your flight, it will be disposed of without notifying you and withoutliability on our part.
We are not liable for any loss you may suffer caused as a result of yourleaving cabin baggage or any personal belongings on an aircraft when you disembark(unless the damage was caused by our fault) or if you leave any belongings inthe airport terminal or member lounge.
60. If You Collect the Wrong Bag
If you pick up the wrong bag or other baggage from the baggage carousel,it is your responsibility immediately to return the bag or baggage at your owncost to the baggage claims officer or airport manager at the airport where youcollected it.
61. When a Refund is Available
(a) Except where prohibited by restrictions on thefare type or value, if you:
· have a valid, partly or wholly unused ticket, and
· surrender all of that ticket to us
then on request, we will provide a refund providedthat the purchase price paid for the fare exceeds our reasonably incurredadministration costs.
(b) Additionally, if we:
· are unable to carry you and you have a confirmed reservation
· delay your flight to the extent that you have to cancel your travel
· make a significant change to the scheduled flight time, which is notacceptable to you and we are unable to book you on an alternative flight whichis acceptable to you
· downgrade you from the class paid for
· fail to stop at a stopover or the destination specified on your ticket
· cancel your flight
then on request, we will provide an appropriate refund, which shall,except as otherwise provided in these Conditions of Carriage, be the maximumextent of our liability.
62. What Refund is Available?
Except where prohibited by restrictions on the faretype, if a refund is requested we will provide a refund equal to:
· the fare paid (including any charges and taxes but minus our reasonablyincurred administration costs) if no part of the ticket is used, or
· if part of the ticket is used, the difference between the fare paid andthe fare for the part of the ticket used, and any applicable charges and taxesless any cancellation and reasonable administration fees
Depending on the fare type, where a ticket is partly used, the unusedpart may have little or no monetary refund value.
63. Who Gets The Refund and How is it Paid?
(a) Any refund will be paid to the person who paidfor the ticket, unless that person has authorised us in writing to pay therefund to someone else.
(b) We will pay the refund in the same way and in the same currency usedto pay for the ticket, unless we agree otherwise.
64. Refunds on Taxes and Charges
Certain charges and taxes may be payable on your Ticket. Whether or notyour airfare is refundable, if you do not use your ticket, you may be entitledto claim a refund of some or all of any charges and taxes which you have paid(unless we have had to pay any of the charges or taxes even though you have nottravelled) less a reasonable administration fee. If the administration feereasonably incurred exceeds the amount of the refund, no refund will be paid.
65. Deadline for Refunds
Unless an applicable law says otherwise, we may refuse to provide arefund if it is requested after the end of the Validity Period.
66. Right to Refuse Refund
We may refuse a refund on a ticket which is yourevidence of intention to depart from the country you are in unless you canestablish to our satisfaction that:
· you have permission from the appropriate government or other authority toremain in that country, or
· you will depart by another means of transport
67. Refusalof Entry and Fines
(a) If you are refused permission to enter a countryand if a government or government authority orders us to return you to yourplace of origin or remove you to another country:
· you must pay for any detention costs and the return or other fare, and
· we may offset any refund owing to you for unused flight coupons againstthe amount of that return or other fare (if unpaid)
We will not refund the fare for carrying you to theplace where you were denied entry.
(b) If we have given you information which is incorrect and inconsistentwith your consulate enquiries, and you have relied on it, we will pay anyreasonably incurred costs arising as a result.
68. Reimbursement to Airlines PNG for Fines, Penalties and Expenses
If we are ordered to pay any fine or penalty at any time, or incur anyexpense, costs, loss or damage ("losses") by reason of you beingdenied entry into any country, or because of your failure to comply with anylaw, regulation, order or requirement, or because of your behaviour, health ormedical condition, you must reimburse us for all losses plus all legal costsand other expenses reasonably incurred. We may offset any refund owing to youfor unused flight coupons against any such amounts.
69. Our Conditions of Carriage
These Conditions of Carriage govern our liability to you. The liabilityof any other carrier involved in your journey will be determined by its ownconditions of carriage. If we issue a ticket or if we check-in baggage forcarriage on another carrier's flight, we do so only as agent for that carrier
70. Governed by Convention
International carriage will be governed by the Convention, whereapplicable, or under these Conditions of Carriage and applicable laws where theConvention does not apply. Our liability may be limited in respect of death orinjury and for destruction or loss of, or damage to, baggage, and for delay.
71. Negligence or Other Acts or Omissions by You
If we prove that any damage was caused by, or contributed to by you, ourliability may be reduced in accordance with applicable laws.
72. Our Liability for Your Death or Injury or Delay
(a) International carriage
· For any recoverable compensatory damages up to 100,000 SDRs (aboutAU$190,000) in respect of death or bodily injury caused by an accident on boardthe aircraft or during embarking or disembarking, we will not exclude or limitour liability. However, any liability we may have for damage will be reduced inaccordance with applicable law by any negligence on your part that causes orcontributes to the damage
· We will not be liable for damages arising in respect of death or bodilyinjury to the extent that they exceed for each passenger 100,000 SDRs (aboutAU$190,000), if we prove that:
- such damage was not due to the negligence or other wrongful act or omissionof us or our agents; or
- such damage was solely due to the negligence or other wrongful act oromission of a third party
· In the case of passenger delay:
- where the Warsaw Convention applies, we will be liable for damage except whenwe can prove that we took all necessary measures to avoid the damage or that itwas impossible for us to take such measures
- where the Montreal Convention applies, we will be liable for damage exceptwhen we can prove that we took all measures that could reasonably be requiredto avoid the damage or that it was impossible for us to take such measures. Ourliability under the Montreal Convention is limited to 4,150 SDRs (aboutAU$8,000)
(b) Papua New Guinea
· Carriage hereunder which is wholly within Papua New Guinea and is notinternational carriage as defined by the Convention, is subject to theprovisions of the Civil Aviation (Aircraft Operators Liability) Act of 1975 ofPapua New Guinea, and the liability of the carrier in respect of the death orinjury to any passenger is limited to the sum of PGK30,000.
· we are not responsible for any illness, injury or disability, includingdeath, attributable to your physical condition or for the aggravation of suchcondition
73. Our Liability for Damage to Your Baggage
· we will be liable only for damage or delay occurring during carriageticketed on our Airline Designator Code. If we issue a ticket or check baggageon the flight of another carrier, we only do so as agent for that carrier.Nevertheless, with respect to Checked Baggage, you may also have a right ofaction against the first or last carrier
· we are not liable for any damage to your Cabin Baggage unless such damageis caused by our negligence
· we are not liable for any damage caused by your Baggage. You areresponsible for any damage caused by your Baggage to other persons or property,including our property
· except to the extent required by law, we are not liable for damage ordelay to items which you are asked not to include in your Checked Baggage. Theseitems include fragile or perishable items, items with a special value, such asmoney, jewellery, precious metals, computers, personal electronic devices,share certificates, bonds and other valuable documents, or passports and otheridentification documents
· Where your travel is International Carriage and a Convention applies, ourliability for damage to checked baggage is limited by the Convention exceptwhere you prove that the damage resulted from an act or failure to act eitherdone with the intention to cause damage or recklessly and with knowledge thatdamage would probably result
· Our liability for loss of, damage to, or delay in the carriage of, yourBaggage is limited by the applicable Convention as follows:
· Conventionsother than the Montreal Convention 1999- 250 francs(about AU$32) for each kilo of your checked baggage affected or 5,000 francs(about AU$640) for your cabin baggage, unless A25 of the Warsaw Conventionapplies, in which case these limits do not apply
· MontrealConvention 1999 - 1,000 SDRs (approximatelyAU$1,900) cumulative for both checked baggage and cabin baggage. In the case ofchecked baggage, we will not be liable if the baggage was defective, unlessA.22.5 of the Montreal 1999 Convention in which case these limits do not apply.We will only be liable for cabin baggage if we were at fault
However, if the law which applies provides fordifferent limits of liability, those different limits will apply.
If the weight of your checked baggage is not recordedon your baggage check, we will presume that it is not more than the freeallowance for the relevant class of carriage
· Carriage hereunder which is wholly within Papua New Guinea and is notinternational carriage as defined by the Convention, is subject to theprovisions of the Civil Aviation (Aircraft Operators Liability) Act of 1975 ofPapua New Guinea, and the liability of the carrier in respect of baggage islimited to the sum of PGK300, including a maximum of PGK30 for baggage otherthan registered baggage.
74. Liability for Breach of Condition or Warranty
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all liability for any costs,expenses, losses or damages whatsoever that may arise in any way in connectionwith the carriage. If the Australian Trade Practices Act 1974 (Cth) or anysimilar law implies a condition or warranty that cannot be excluded, ourliability for a breach of the condition or warranty will be limited to eithersupplying the services again or paying the cost of having the services suppliedagain, as determined by us in our absolute discretion.
We are not liable for any damage arising from ourcompliance with any laws or government regulations or your failure to complywith the same.
These Conditions of Carriage (including anyexclusion or limitation of liability) shall apply to and be for the benefit ofour Authorised Agents, employees and representatives to the same extent as theyapply to us. The total amount that you can recover from us, our AuthorisedAgents, employees and representatives shall not be more than the total amountof our liability, if any.
Except where these Conditions of Carriage provideotherwise, our liability, if any, shall be limited to proven compensatorydamages. We shall not in any circumstances be liable for indirect orconsequential damages and, to the extent consistent with the Convention, in noevent shall our obligations exceed any liability specified in these Conditionsof Carriage.
Nothing in these Conditions of Carriage:
· except where we state otherwise in writing, gives up any exclusion orlimitation of liability to which we are entitled under the Convention or anylaws which may apply, or
· gives up any defence available to us under the Convention or any lawswhich apply, including against any public social insurance body or any personliable to pay, or who has paid, compensation for the death, wounding or otherbodily injury of a Passenger.
76. PersonalInjury or Death Claims
If you have a claim for personal injury or your personal representativehas a claim for your death, you or your personal representative should notifyus in writing as soon as possible.
77. Baggage Claims
If the person with a baggage identification tagreceives checked baggage without making a complaint, it will be reasonableevidence that the checked baggage was delivered in good condition and accordingto the Conditions of Carriage, unless you prove otherwise. We will not beliable for normal wear and tear of Baggage such as small scratches, scuffs,dents and cuts.
Domestic Carriage - Any claim for loss of ordamage to baggage must be made in writing to us within the followingtimeframes:
· 3 Days in the case of damage to or loss or destruction of part only of anitem of checked baggage or cabin baggage, after date of receipt of remainder ofthe item
· 21 Days in the case of loss or destruction of the whole of an item ofchecked baggage from the date that the baggage should have been placed at yourdisposal.
International Carriage:- Any claim fordamage to or delay of baggage must be made in writing to us within thefollowing timeframes:
· in the case of damage to your baggage, as soon as you discover the damageafter you have received the baggage, and at the latest within 7 Days
· in the case of delay, within 21 days from when the baggage has been madeavailable to you
78. Clothing Damage
Any incident involving damage to your clothing worn or taken into the aircraftcabin, must be immediately reported to our cabin crew.
79. Limitation of claims
Unless your right to claim for damages has expiredearlier as provided elsewhere in these Conditions of Carriage, you will have noright to claim for damages if court proceedings are not brought within twoyears from:
· the date of your arrival at your destination
· the date the aircraft should have arrived, or
· the date on which your carriage stopped The method of calculating the period of limitationwill be determined by the law of the court where the case is heard.